Saturday, July 3, 2010

First 20lb goal reached.....

As of this past Thursday, July 1st 2010, I reached my goal of losing the first 20lbs.  I am actually down 22.2lbs.  I feel really accomplished.  I am stating to realize that this journey is not a race.  I would treat it like a race in past times, but, who was I racing against??? Myself i suppose.  I know now that it took years for me to gain the weight and it may very well take years to lose it.  But I think 22.2 lbs before two months on program is great.  The last time I was on WW my goal was 20lbs per month!  That was so unrealistic, and that is why I eventually quit.  The weight just wasn't coming off fast enough for me, but now I realize that if I quit, the weight will not come off at all!  So I prefer slowly and healthily as oppose to not at all.  This is a lifestyle change, not a diet.  If you don't view it that way, you will surely fail this journey.  I am not saying the weight won't come off, but it will not stay off.  I will never be able to go back to the way I use to eat, and I am comfortable with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment